What to Expect When You're Expecting:
Contact us to schedule an appointment
Your body is going through so many wonderful changes. Weight is increasing, ligaments are stretching, joints are moving more, pelvis is accommodating, hormones are surging...the list goes on. All of these changes require the master controller – the Nervous System to be functioning at it's absolute best.
Through safe and gentle techniques, expectant moms love getting adjusted throughout their pregnancy and beyond. Not only do they get to lie on their tummy using one of our pregnancy pillows, they experience a relief in tension and overall ease in their body as a result.
By checking the structure and function of the body, research and experience has shown the following outcomes:
- Pelvic alignment and balance. This is often thrown off as your belly grows and posture changes
- Relief of lower back pain/discomfort and sciatica associated with pregnancy
- Optimum fetal positioning, enabling the baby room to move into the best possible position for birth
- Reduction of stress on spine associated with the inevitable weight gain
- Reduction of intrauterine constraint (twisting of the uterus) - breech presentations are most often the result of intrauterine constraint
- Relief from heartburn, constipation and nausea
- Safe for the pregnant woman and her baby
- Ideal for those who are trying to avoid overuse of medications
- Prevent a potential C-section and is linked to fewer interventions during birth
- Reduced labor time! Has been shown to decrease labor time by as much as 60%.
Chiropractic care is also beneficial after delivery:
- In the eight weeks following birth, the ligaments that loosened during pregnancy begin to tighten up again. Ideally, joint problems brought on during pregnancy from improper lifting or reaching should be treated before the ligaments return to their pre-pregnancy state.